At FurstPerson, we are committed to:
- Helping candidates find a job they will love and in which they will excel and;
- Enabling clients to hire people that will perform well, be satisfied, and stay with the company.
The use of standardized pre-hire processes means that some candidates will qualify for a job because they possess the requisite mix of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for success while other candidates will not qualify because they lack the desired qualities. Ensuring that candidate evaluation is done accurately and fairly is an ethical, moral, and business imperative that is embodied in everything FurstPerson does.
FurstPerson’s culture and approach to business revolve around the following core areas:
- Client Focus. FurstPerson’s focus is on understanding business problems and determining how to help clients solve them. We have a high sense of urgency to resolve client problems.
- Hiring Science. The company relies on rigorous job analysis, validation, fairness reviews, and closed-loop analytics to continuously enhance the performance of its pre-hire solutions. Our solutions start with the hiring science which includes competency modeling, job analysis, assessment linkage, optimized scoring models, and validation studies. Our Research and Consulting team, experts at designing and creating high volume hiring solutions, are trained Industrial Organizational Psychologists. This team leverages our database of thousands of job analysis surveys, hundreds of empirical business reviews, thousands of candidate records linked to performance data, and millions of candidate assessment records to develop and create hiring solutions for you. We follow 8 Steps to make sure you have a hiring process based on science. You can learn more about our research on our blog and in our whitepapers.
- Technology and Product Innovation. FurstPerson is committed to using technology-enabled solutions to create realistic, engaging pre-hire experiences that deliver exceptional value. The Audition® products and adaptive testing are sterling examples of this commitment. In 2001, we led the industry creating continuous closed-loop analytics to ensure that our customers’ pre-hire processes remained in lockstep with their businesses. We were 11 years ahead of big data and predictive analytics with this approach. Our approach to using a portfolio of assessments to evaluate job candidates was another innovation in 2002. This whole-person approach to measurement contrasted with the prevailing model of using only a single assessment; an approach employed by many consultancies at that time. We wanted to deliver flexibility to our clients via a broad-based suite of assessments that allowed us to design hiring models for every customer contact job.
- Beyond the Hiring Science, we’ve actually recruited and hired customer contact employees. Our recruiting history puts us in your shoes. Our team has directly recruited over 400,000 job candidates and hired over 40,000 customer contact employees. In many cases, our compensation was based on our success filling job positions, hiring individuals that performed better against baseline performance metrics, and improving 0 to 90 day retention. When we develop a customer contact hiring solution, we bring this recruiting experience along which takes us beyond the hiring science.
- Focus on the Candidate Experience. Qualified candidates rule your hiring process. Leveraging our recruiting experience and deep understanding of recruiting workflows, we work closely with you to design an efficient and effective hiring solution. Candidates also tell us they like the FurstPerson hiring solution. When asked if the FurstPerson assessment process was simple to use and easy to navigate, job candidates rated the process at a 4.43 on a 1 to 5 scale with 1being strongly disagree and 5 being strongly agree.
- Focused on profit driven hiring
FurstPerson is performance-driven. Clients have realized up to a 70% reduction in 0 to 90 day attrition and up to a 45% improvement in new hire job performance. In some cases, the return on investment has been over $11,000 per hire. We recognize that you need to realize value in our products and services.