What do organizations that continuously field great employees do in their hiring process? Well, professional sports teams, orchestras, and Broadway musicals require everyone to audition for the job. Common to each of these types of organizations is the desire for excellence. To help them ensure they will deliver a product that pleases their fans, they will typically require all potential team members or performers to audition for the job. Unlike traditional interviews, which are all about “tell me” what you can do, auditions or simulations require potential future employees to “show me” what you can do.
For recruiting leaders hiring customer service, sales, or support employees, using a simulation can help you measure key job skills and abilities.
Realistic multi-media simulations allow job candidates to play the part of a fictitious service, sales, or support representative while auditioning for a job from anywhere in the world. This gives hiring managers a realistic preview of a candidate’s skills, such as computer, multitasking and data entry skills. Leading simulations have evolved from minimally interactive situational judgment tests to microcosms of service economy jobs, complete with training, interactive dashboards, timers, and branching that allows candidates to escalate or deescalate a customer’s emotional response based on how well they manage the interaction.
Simulations provide a company’s talent acquisition team benefits in five ways:
- Recreate job tasks critical to the performance required in any given job which provides you with an improved way to measure the candidate.
- Assess an applicant's aptitude for learning how to perform tasks required on a given job before they are hired.
- Assess a candidate's present ability to perform job related tasks by linking simulation performance to actual job performance using predictive analytics.
- Provide applicants with a realistic preview of critical job tasks so they have a better understanding of the job requirements and duties.
- Create an engaging candidate experience which promotes your employment brand.