A major outsourcer with a significant home agent workforce wanted to have a more accurate predictor of potential performance and retention for evaluating home agent job candidates. The firm primarily has inbound customer care and sales positions. They set the following goals:
- Flexible hiring workflows that allow the firm to meet unique client needs;
- The ability to manage significant scale since the firm experiences very large candidate interest and volume;
- Integration with performance management and HRIS systems;
- The ability to brand the hiring solution to meet the firm’s employment marketing needs;
- Best of breed assessment content that allows the job candidate to experience an interactive, positive assessment experience while providing the organization with a predictive, validated hiring model.
FurstPerson and the client identified key performance metrics for both job families, Care and Sales. FurstPerson conducted a job analysis examining the critical competencies required for success in both job families. Based on the job analysis and the goals outlined above, FurstPerson recommended CC AIMS and CC Audition® assessment tools.
Based on the client-specific scoring model, FurstPerson was able to demonstrate that the recommended assessments did improve new hire job performance. On average, performance improved by at least 10% across a variety of performance metrics. The chart below provides a summary of the improvement.
In summary, the client was able to accomplish the following goals:
- Create flexible hiring workflows that allowed each candidate to be matched against their best fit position.
- Benefit from FurstPerson’s web-based assessment system which is able to manage the candidate volume and scale. FurstPerson provides service level guarantees to the client around system performance.
- Integration with performance management and HRIS systems making it easy to track candidates from one system.
- Implement a branded solution that reinforced the client’s employment marketing efforts.
- Assessment content (CC AIMS® and CC Audition®) that predicted job performance across both job families which created a strong return on investment for the organization.