Welcome to our 2015 in Review blog series. In this four part series we take a look back at some of the talent acquisition and hiring trends discussed in 2015. In this first part we recap the influence mobile technology had in 2015. Upcoming topics include analytics, customer experience, and various hiring trends.
2015 was a tide-turning year in mobile technology. As smartphones became more utilized than ever, and tablets slowly continued to move towards their attempt to replace PCs, talent acquisition felt the influence of these changes. More candidates began using mobile technology to assist in their job searches, and were raised about mobile pre-hire assessment testing and application processes. Influences from major organizations, such as Google’s change to their mobile algorithm to award mobile-optimized sites over non-optimized ones, further added to the discussion.
As we get ready for the New Year, we take a look back at some of the 2015 posts that summarizes some of our thinking about mobile technology, talent acquisition, and pre-hire assessments.
- The Influence of Mobile Pre-Hire Assessments: In this review of an in-depth study, we examine how mobile internet testing (MIT) compared to personal computer internet testing (PCIT) and how candidates felt about using their mobile devices to complete hiring assessments.
- Do You Need Mobile Apps for Your Mobile Talent Acquisition Strategy: Downloadable mobile applications are a cornerstone of owning a smartphone or mobile device, but does that mean your organization should spend the time developing one for your talent acquisition efforts?
- We Need Mobile Assessments and We Need Them Now: With mobile being as popular as it is, some might feel pressured to provide mobile hiring assessments to their job candidates. But is that for the best? In this Fact or Fiction we separate myth from reality about the desire for mobile hiring assessments.
- As Smartphones Become More Important, so Does Mobile Recruitment: We took a look at a Forrester Research study focusing on the importance of mobile recruitment for organizations, including shifts in the mobile experience and how mobile is going to accelerate emerging markets.
- Is Your Talent Acquisition Ready for Google’s Mobile Algorithm: Google’s new algorithm, rolled out in April, changed the game for websites across the internet. The new algorithm prioritized mobile-optimized websites, and that could mean everything when it comes to candidates being able to find you.
- 94% of Mobile Applicants Aren't Finishing their Applications: Why do candidates start their applications, only to never return to them again? For mobile, this is a serious phenomenon, and we dive in depth to find out why that happens - and what you can do about it.
Topics: Talent Selection Ideas