Last Updated: May 21, 2018
Information We Collect
How we define “you”?
- Visitor: You are visiting the FurstPerson.com corporate web site to learn more about our Services, access a resource document, read a blog, or are curious about what we do and who we are.
- Job Candidate: You have been instructed by your potential employer, our Corporate Customer, to take a work ability, work skills, or work motivation test, assessment, or simulation (“Assessments”) that we are providing because of contracted services. You will provide personal information and respond to items on our platform.
- Corporate Customer: You are employed by a FurstPerson Corporate Customer that has entered into a contract with FurstPerson to provide corporate talent assessment services. You are accessing a website to review information about your Services provided by FurstPerson, review job candidate information, look up information, or otherwise access the services provided by FurstPerson.
Information we collect about you
- Corporate Talent Assessment: Our corporate customers use FurstPerson’s Platforms to deliver Assessments to their job candidates. As such, FurstPerson collects and maintains the Personal Information and Assessment Information of such job candidates, job candidate item response (collectively the “Responses”) as well as job applicant demographics (collectively the “Job Demographics”) in FurstPerson’s Files.
- Contact Information (for example an email address): You might provide us with your contact information, whether through use of our services, a form on our website, an interaction with our sales or customer support team, or a response to one of FurstPerson’s requests.
- Usage information: We collect usage information about you whenever you interact with our websites and services. This includes which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you perform those actions, what language preference you have, and so on.
- Device and browser data: We collect information from the device and application you use to access our services. Device data mainly means your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. If you are on a mobile device we also collect the UUID for that device.
- Information from page tags: We use third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags to collect data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics. Emails sent by FurstPerson or by users through our services include page tags that allow the sender to collect information about who opened those emails and clicked on links in them. We provide more information on cookies below.
- Log Data: Like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, device type and timestamps.
- Referral information: If you arrive at a FurstPerson website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
- Information from third parties and integration partners: We collect your personal information or data from third parties if you give permission to those third parties to share your information with us or where you have made that information publicly available online.
- Registration information: You need a FurstPerson account before you can use FurstPerson services. When you register for an account, we collect your first and last name, username, password and email address.
- Billing information: If you make a payment to FurstPerson, we may require you to provide your billing details, a name, address, email address and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card number and expiration date or a bank account number). If you provide a billing address, we will regard that as the location of the account holder to determine which FurstPerson entity with whom you contract.
- Account settings: You can set various preferences and personal details within your account. For example, your default language, time zone and communication preferences (e.g. opting in or out of receiving marketing communications from FurstPerson).
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons: A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. Pixel tags allow us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Local Storage: We use Local Storage (LS) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LS such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LS.
- Behavioral Advertising/Re-Targeting. We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Administer FurstPerson Assessments: FurstPerson may use your Personal Information to enable the delivery of the assessments to you, enable you to log back into an assessment session, or provide support to you.
- Data, Studies, and Research: FurstPerson may use the Personal Information on an aggregate, anonymous basis to support validation studies, develop normative data sets for use in FurstPerson’s Services for research or other scientific study. FurstPerson does not use any Personal Information for such studies or research.
- Marketing FurstPerson Products and Services to Customers and Prospects. FurstPerson and its third-party affiliates may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest. Determine products and services that may be of interest to you and to send you news alerts and marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences. You may opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes as further described below.
- FurstPerson Services: Operate, maintain and provide to you the features and functionality of the FurstPerson Services in order to meet the performance requirements of a contract with you or to take necessary steps prior to entering into a contract with you. Communicate with you, including sending statements and invoices, communications, news, alerts and marketing communications.
- FurstPerson Support: Respond to inquiries, concerns, or other support needs made by you relating to the FurstPerson Services. Address your questions, issues and concerns and improve the FurstPerson Services.
- Machine Learning and other Automated Data Analytics. We use machine learning techniques and other automated data analytics processes to provide users with useful statistics and more relevant insights from the collected data from using our Services and to optimize our marketing campaigns.
- Third Party Vendors and Service Providers. We may share Personal Information we receive with vendors and service providers only as necessary to provide the Services to us. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT, Cloud hosting, or software development and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Site. FurstPerson has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners. FurstPerson may share Personal Information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other Account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce FurstPerson policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to FurstPerson; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
- Privacy Shield. With respect to transfers to third parties that process Personal Information pursuant to our instructions, Privacy Shield requires that FurstPerson remain liable should its vendors and service providers process Personal Information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles.
FurstPerson will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will also retain personal data we process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed to provide services to our client. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How to Opt-Out
We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists within 60 days after receipt, or such shorter time as may be required by law.
- “Do Not Track”. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising. You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, http://preferences-mgr.truste.com, and www.aboutads.info/choices/(or if located in the European Union at http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads. Note that if you do not enable certain Cookies, we may not be able to provide you services.
Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
- Customers. You can modify, update, or delete your account information at anytime by contacting us at email@example.com. You may also inquire as to whether FurstPerson is Processing Personal Information about you, request access to Personal Information, and ask that we correct, amend or delete your Personal Information where it is inaccurate by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, email address associated with your Account, and a detailed description of your data request. Such requests will be processed in line with local laws. We will respond to any requests for access to personal information within 30 days.
- Job Candidates: We process information at the direction of our customers. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete data that is processed by FurstPerson for its customer should direct his query to the FurstPerson customer (the data controller). If the customer requests us to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 business days.
Personal Data Breach Notification
- In the event that your data is compromised, FurstPerson will notify affected users within 72 hours by email with information about the extent of the breach, affected data, and any impact on services, along with FurstPerson’s action plan for measures to secure the data and limit any possible detrimental effect on the data subjects.
- “Personal data breach” means a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure of or access to personal data transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed in connection with the provision of services.
Children’s Personal Information
The Service and Site are not intended for, nor does FurstPerson knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16.
Confidentiality and Security
FurstPerson is committed to protecting the Personal Information, Assessment Information, Customer Information, and Job Demographics, and FurstPerson has put in place various electronic safeguards and managerial processes to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data integrity, and ensure the appropriate use of such information. FurstPerson maintains Personal Information on secured computers and all customers, job candidates, and employer accounts are password protected. Of course, no such security and safeguards are 100% effective, but FurstPerson will use its best efforts to employ state of the art security measures to protect such information. FurstPerson is SOC 2 compliant and maintains reasonable security measures to protect your information from loss, destruction, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure. No personally identifiable information is knowingly disclosed to third parties except as described herein. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Thus, FurstPerson cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information Site users transmit to the Site. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
FurstPerson has further committed to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact the EU DPAs or Swiss FDPIC for more information or to file a complaint. The services of EU DPAs and Swiss FDPICs are provided at no cost to you.
Terms of Service
When you access and use the Service, you are subject and bound to the FurstPerson Terms of Service.
801 N. Perryville Rd. Suite 2
Rockford, IL 61107